Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Chocolate Tofu 'Custard' Pudding.

It's coming around to the new moon, as it happens that also tends to coincide with the hormonal shifts that cause me to alternate between weeping into my keyboard and eating cake; lots and lots of cake.

Today, I have no cake.  In the past that wouldn't have been a problem as I would have made a microwave mug cake - 3minutes to cake-y perfection.  Unfortunately, we recently freecycled the microwave as it took up a lot of room in the kitchen and was very rarely used (bar occasional heating of baked beans and the monthly mug cakes).  I never considered the long term consequences of my decision!

A rummage around in the kitchen came up with few options but the packet of firm silken tofu in the fridge gave me a brainwave as I remembered making a tofu-based pumpkin pie last year.

Ta da....Chocolate Tofu 'Custard' Pudding....


Ok, so it's not cake, but it's sweet and it hit the spot.  And it was about as easy as easy gets.
  • 1 packet of firm silken tofu
  • 3tbsp honey (that's all I had in the cupboard and I've no doubt agave nectar, maple syrup or old fashioned granualted sugar will do the job)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3 tsps cocoa powder
Put all ingredients in a blender, whizz together, done.  It had the consistency of thickish custard so I poured mine into a glass and topped it with a dollop of coconut milk/cream (I'd had the remains of a can sitting in the fridge) and some blueberries and strawberries so I could fool myself it was healthy.

I imagine it might firm up a bit if placed in the fridge but I'm neither that patient or that concerned with the consistency. 

Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment